Thursday 29 May 2014

Day 2

Today started with haggling with a tuktuk driver. Saw a few military en route to the Grand Palace but nowhere near as many as I thought there would be.

Got to the Palace and immediately greeted by locals trying to con me that it wasn't open and offering to take me elsewhere, this happened 4 times even outside the gate when I could see people walking in.

Eventually worked my way in and had to wear pajama bottoms to cover up my legs (nice), didn't realise they were that pale ;-).

The palace was amazing, I don't think my pictures can do it justice. Met a nice bloke from tup North (Liam), who's been here a month and said you never get used to the heat (great)! Had to go barefoot a couple of times, not sure how the soles of my feet didn't burst into flames walking on the red hot ground.

Got back to the hotel and met my roommate for the night, Mike from Canada who works as a geologist for an oil company in Calgari and only works 3 months a year! Seems like a nice bloke.

Great start to my trip!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin's son Liam is also a geologist. Sounds like you're getting lots of experience!

    ReplyDelete