Friday 13 June 2014

Day 18 - Ha Long Bay

Arrived at 9am from our epic 18 journey on the night train and bus. This is definitely the grubbiest I have felt so far. Unfortunately the room wasn't ready so had to wait for my overdue shower, amazing when I finally had it though.

Spent 4 hours on a boat going around Ha Long Bay, we were a bit worried we wouldn't see much as it was quite foggy but luckily the skies cleared in time for our trip and the weather stayed great. I knew it would be amazing but I didn't appreciate just how amazing. We stopped off to go into a cave which was Ok but disappointing because it was very public and lit up with illuminous colours so looked very fake. Wanted to see the bar Top Gear stopped at but unfortunately there are a lot more bars out there now.

Went out for food again tonight which was disappointing, very greasy but I suppose you have to get what you pay for eventually.

Another early night tonight for an early trip to Hanoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment