Monday 16 June 2014

Day 21 - Hanoi to Laos

Not much to tell about today, everybody's pretty tired and basically just waiting around the hotel to leave for our flight to Vientiane in Laos.

Sarah and Sylvia left us bright and early this morning, Sarah to go on to China and Sylvia finally going home after an epic 19 months of travelling, somehow I don't think she'll be staying at home for long.

At the airport completely forgot I had my leatherman in my bag so that got confiscated, lucky it didn't go further than that I suppose. Enjoyed possibly the best burger king ever, fast food Oh how I've missed you. A quick 1 hour flight to Vientiane on a propeller plane, my first time and it was incredibly smooth.

Arrived at the hotel and it's very nice and I should be able to sleep in my own bed for a change ;-).

Vientiane is so much different to what we've been used to. Went out for dinner and this city is so much quieter and considering it's the capital of Laos that's surprising but we were told to expect a much more laid back experience and that's definitely my first impressions.

1 comment:

  1. You'll probably get loads of burgers when you get to Oz.

    ReplyDelete