Monday 22 September 2014

Day 118 - Queenstown

A small lay in this morning, up at about 9.30 and nerves are starting already as I'm about to do my first bunjy jump and it happens to be the 3rd highest in the world at 134m!

Went for a quick walk to kill some time and read my book to take my mind off it which seemed to work. Checked in at the shop and found out that we jump in order of weight, heaviest being first which pleased me as i didn't fancy hanging around, so i would be third off.

45 minute drive up to the jump, everyone getting quite nervous but weirdly i was feeling Ok.

At the jump and harnessed up, had a look over the edge and Oh my god is it high. They took us three first jumpers over in the cable car first and still feeling Ok, just excitement at this stage. Started by getting our leg straps and still feeling good. I got to watch the first two go, the first having dressed up as superman. Started to get a little nervous at this stage. My turn was up and sat me in the chair to attach the bunjy chord, still feeling Ok. Out of the chair and shuffling towards the edge, that's when it hit me what i was about to do, luckily everything goes so quick there's no time to think, a couple of quick photos and 3,2,1, bunjy, no time to hesitate, i jump and it's the most amazing feeling, falling for 8 seconds which feel like 1 and then the bunjy chord kicks in and you're bouncing. Unhook the leg straps and sit there taking in the amazing view before i get pulled back up. Unattached and I'm shaking, i can't believe what I've just done!!! The most amazing feeling though.

Back across to the shop to check out the photos and video which i had to buy and get my ididit t-shirt which got immediately worn.

Another 45 minute drive back to town and everybody feeling pretty pumped, to the pub for a celebratory all day breakfast and a pint.

Out on the night for a pub crawl including the minus 5 bar, which was pretty cool (no pun intended), except they only serve cocktails or shots, and I'm not a fan of either.

An absolutely amazing day!

Bunjy jump
All day breakfast and pint
Bar crawl

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing thing to do. Made me nervous just reading about it. Well done and great photos. Will you be able to put video on here?

    ReplyDelete