Wednesday 6 August 2014

Day 72 - Noosa Heads

Up bright and early as I've planned a day of trekking/limping.

2.2km down to the National Park. Started off with a short 1km walk through the rainforest, very nice and lots of little signs telling you about different things. On the basis of that walk I went for a 7.7km combining rainforest and the coastal walk. Found it very nice albeit hard work, through the rainforest to start and then the paths turned to sand which I found surprising as I was a good 1.5km from the coast and well above sea level. Got to the half way point on the coast, 'Hells Gates', basically a little cove where the sea crashes off the rocks quite violently, one photographer trying to get the best possible shot with his mate holding on to his belt as he hung over the edge. From there continued along the coastal walk, saw lots of surfers in strange places where the only way to go war towards rocks and not the beach, I guess they know what they're doing though. Eventually back to the main entrance whew I had some lunch and the fright of my life, a Guana (I asked), walked underneath my take and I only noticed it when I heard rustling, can't believe how big this thing was just wondering around.

From there I took another 2km walk up (and I mean up) to Laguna Lookout. The route I'd chosen was up once of the steepest roads I'd ever seen, made it to the top, caught my breath and took a look, this view was definitely worth the effort getting there, it was absolutely spectacular, looking out over the whole of Noosa, I took several pictures but they just don't do it justice. After sitting and staring for a good hour, I took the short downhill 1.6km walk back to the hostel. Needless to say I was exhausted and just collapsed for a couple of hours.

Out tonight for a quick pint and to the cinema to see Guardians of the Galaxy, i know it's geeky but couldn't wait any longer, love the Marvel films.

Back to the hostel, struggled to sleep as all the French people seem to have found each other and congregated outside our room.

Another great day, loved the national park, so happy there is something other than beaches here.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really lovely, you'll have to go treking in the lake district when you get back, no guanas though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This trip had made me want to see more of home.

      Delete
  2. Well there are some really beautiful places here, it's just the weather lets us down sometimes. Been an amazing summer so far this year.

    ReplyDelete