Thursday 14 August 2014

Day 79 - Airlie Beach

Arrived into Airlie at 7am after another horrible journey. Australia is one of the few countries with financial stability, I know the main reason, they don't spend any money on the roads. Also had 2 meal stops at midnight and 4am, who eats then?

The bus dropped us well outside of town after driving straight past where everybody would be staying, so had to walk 30 minutes back into town to the hostel. Obviously far too early to check in so dropped my bags off and went for a walk, didn't end up walking far though, ended up on a bench by the seafront and nearly fell asleep. Went to pick up my boarding pass for sailing tomorrow and I am on a boat called Siska which has sailed in and won a few yacht races (glad I didn't get the Spank Me boat I've been hearing so much about).

Airlie Beach is a beautiful little town, very nicely presented and very clean as is the rest of Australia I've seen.

Back to the hostel to check in at 11am and again nearly fell asleep in reception waiting for the room to be cleaned.

Needless to say the rest of the day was spent sleeping and rearranging my bags as there is a 10kg limit so my big bag will be stopping at the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment