Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 94 - Cairns to Auckland

Not the best start to my day. Found out my New Zealand travel card from the safe place i hid it, only to find that it had snapped right down the middle, rang them to arrange for a new one to be sent out as i knew where I'd be for the next 3 days, and they tell me that it will take 5 days to get there, awesome. Fortunately it still works even though is hanging by a thread holding itself together.

Then the shuttle i had booked to the airport was 30 minutes late, glad i played it safe and booked an earlier time.

Then checking in at the airport i find that STA hadn't added any luggage allowance to my flight even after i queried it with them, so had to fork out $120 to check my bag, awesome considering the flight was only $200.

Landed in Auckland at 6pm and took until 7.30 just to get out of the airport, NZ seem to be even more strict about what you can and cannot bring into the country.

Got into Auckland and checked in by 8 and by this time i was so shattered that i quickly grabbed something to eat and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment