Monday 7 July 2014

Day 41 - Chiang Mai

Awake at 5am on the train, slept relatively Ok. I've been thinking about not doing the hill tribe trek, my leg is playing up and I will be a slow walker, so I don't want to be a hindrance to the group, but ultimately I think I'm realising I don't want to be with this group (the last group were so amazing, they've spoiled me for any other group😉). So I think I might stay in Chiang Mai for the 3 days they're trekking and then meet back up with them. Feel alot better for deciding to do this.

Straight out from the hotel this morning to see Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, a lovely temple at the top of 306 steps (to be fair it had better be nice after climbing up there). And then on to Tiger Kingdom, which I didn't particularly want to go to as I don't really agree with them being caged up for our amusement. Lots of signs about saying they're not drugged, but I don't think that's the point, they still wouldn't choose to be in a cage, died or not. Luckily I didn't have to pay anything just to walk around.

Out to the night bazaar tonight and is without a doubt the biggest market I've seen, lots of lovely things to buy but nothing aimed towards kids, gutted as I want to find something to bring back for my nephews.

A nice but long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment