Tuesday 8 July 2014

Days 42 & 43 - Chiang Mai

Day 42

Waved goodbye to the group this morning as they set off for their 3 day hill tribe trek. Most of them didn't look very enthusiastic, but I'm sure they'll love it. Looking forward to some time alone and seeing more of this beautiful city.

Went for a long walk around the old city which is also known as the Rose of the North because it's so beautiful. Saw so many temples which were amazing and apparently there are dozens more to see.

It's been a nice day just wondering around on my own.

Day 43

Went for another long walk around the city, saw some more lovely temples, monuments and the womens prison where the inmates give massages to the public.

Out to the night bazaar and bought my very first thing from a market, a Beer Chang t-shirt, which although I managed to knock 90 baht of the starting price I still paid to much I think.

Another nice day just walking around at my own pace not having to worry about anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment