Tuesday 22 July 2014

Day 56 - Sydney

Landed at 6.20 this morning and am absolutely shattered. Got through and out the airport really quickly, a little tip, if you mark something as yes on the declaration card because you're not sure you get quizzed about it but you skip the massive queues of people who declared nothing. On the train at 7am and already getting an idea of how much this city is going to eat up my budget, $17.40 for a one way ticket going only 4 stops!

At the hostel for 7.30 and obviously too early to check in so left my bag and off out for a walk in the lovely chilly air, I think I was the only person wearing shorts (apart from the runners). Walked for a good 4 and a half, 5 hours, saw so much and absolutely amazed at what I did see, Harbour Bridge, The Opera House, Royal Botanical Gardens, lots of little churches, Hyde Park and lots of the other little sites on the way.

Back to the hostel for 12.30 and checked in, fell straight on the bed and fell asleep for a good 5 hours, really needed that after losing pretty much a nights sleep and doing the most exercise I've done since being away.

Out to find some dinner tonight, I did find done but still can't get over how expensive it is, $30 for 2 beers and a plate of chilli nachos! Went to a pub called Cheers (nobody knew my name) and watched Darts, Aussie Rules Football (which is just weird), Golf and Rodeo.

So happy I'm here, it's blown my socks off in the few hours I've been here, can't wait to explore more.

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like you are cramming a lot in and really enjoying it and only one day!

    ReplyDelete