Thursday 3 July 2014

Days 33-38 - Ao Nang and Krabi Town

Spent another 3 days (4 in total) in Ao Nang stopping at the icheck Inn which was very nice. Just going out, having a walk around, sitting, reading, listening to music by the beach. It is a really nice place but not much to do apart from day trips elsewhere, for which I didn't have the money. I did find it nice that I could eat what I like (pizza, burgers) without being made to feel guilty that I'm not eating local food, because when I'm at home I eat nothing but fish and chips and Sunday roasts (sarcasm by the way). I've tried all the local dishes but there's only so many times a day I can eat noodles or rice.

Got a little bored of the beach so moved over to Krabi Town for 3 days. A little bit more to see here but still not much, however there is more going on and therefore more to kill the time. Saw a beautiful new Temple with dragons lining the stairs, slightly weird though as there was only me and another woman walking around it. Spent a bit of time walking along the river where I saw the crabs of Krabi. Saw a live concert/karaoke, was quite good although weird because no one clapped.

Spent a lot of time planning for my next trip, making sure I've got everything I need, and also planning for Australia as I can't see myself having much spare time over the next 2 weeks on the next Thailand tour.

Sorry it's not the most exciting of entries but just needed a bit of time to take a breather and get prepared for the 3 day hill trek in the next tour which should be amazing but I know it's going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment